Monday, October 7, 2013

Dazzling Blue - What Do You Think?

The Color of the Year for 2014 is Dazzling Blue. It starts in fashion and then segues to home decor. I have been wearing this shade of blue of tango dresses and shoes for a year or so, and recently started adding it to my non-tango wardrobe. It is very flattering.



I  have had a Pinterest Board called "Blue in a Room"for a year or so. Ready to swing a paint brush?

Every color looks good with blue like this yellow settee

It mixes well with all styles of furnishings

Crisp white and blue, with wood, leather, gold, and green accents

It mixes well with the 2013 Color of the Year, Emerald Green

The home Eddie Ross and Jaithan Kochar

Mitchell Settoon (who is featured in my book House Proud,) recently repainted his rooms blue

A bedroom with blue accents - Interior design by Valorie Hart


What do you think?

Hover over any image to Pin it
Please add my NEW address to your blog list: http://thevisualvamp.blogspot.com
And please become a Follower again (or for the first time) on this newer VV blog

2 comments:

  1. Blue is my favorite color, but I find that because I love it, I like to use it as an accent so as not to be overwhelmed by it.

    Rooms that are dominated by one color are fascinating studies in color, but for my own home, if probably have a more diverse or asymmetrical palette.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just ordered your book from Amazon...cannot wait!!!! I have a love affair with New Orleans!!!

    ReplyDelete